Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Birthday Babble


On the Beach At Night Alone
By Walt Whitman


On the beach at night alone,
As the old mother sways her to and fro singing her husky song,
As I watch the bright stars shining, I think a thought of the clef of the universes and of the future.

A vast similitude interlocks all,
All spheres, grown, ungrown, small, large, suns, moons, planets,
All distances of place however wide,
All distances of time, all inanimate forms,
All souls, all living bodies though they be ever so different, or in different worlds,
All gaseous, watery, vegetable, mineral processes, the fishes, the brutes,
All nations, colors, barbarisms, civilizations, languages,
All identities that have existed or may exist on this globe, or any globe,
All lives and deaths, all of the past, present, future,
This vast similitude spans them, and always has spann'd,
And shall forever span them and compactly hold and enclose them.

--------


Okay, I am having the BEST birthday despite not even being fully awake yet at 11 a.m.

The Washington area has been blanketed in ice. The trees are coated with it; the woods look like someone has come and strung white holiday lights over every single leaf and branch. It's magnificent.

Because of this, my husband worked from home until 10 and I got to sleep late. My kids have no school, but they are down the basement playing Nintendo (usually a weekday no-no) so I have been able to read my e-mail in peace.

And oh, have I gotten presents. Which I think other people are going to enjoy as much as I do.

This is from -- an Aragorn/Boromir songvid to October Project's "Return To Me." I thought maybe it was just me being a sap and getting all weepy over this song, but I played it for and it had the same effect on her. And now my beloved Ashinae has turned it into this breathtaking, heartbreaking vid -- I'm just going to be a giant sap all day.

Then I got fic from my favorite Minions of Satan, and . Gloria wrote the beautiful, heartwarming Caradhras, a double slash-flash about my four favorite Fellowship men (or should that be 2x2...well anyway, read it and you'll understand).

And Cinzia posted Heart of Darkness. Now there can never be enough Prophecy slash, or even enough general Lucifer slash, but Cinzia knows me and Thomas all too well. It's just devastatingly perfect.

And speaking of Cinzia, who is THE worst influence in the world...she drove poor to write this spanking story even though it's not Cinzia's birthday. So there's my birthday spanking the monkey. Even though of course I don't read RPS (oh, be quiet, you).

, my oldest friend on LJ, sent me this (and in case it won't load from here, she said she hopes all my birthday wishes come true, especially the one where Viggo shows up on my doorstep dressed only in a bow). Gee, and I didn't even send her Ian Somerhalder on her birthday!

Then I got this present:
href="http://quizilla.com/users/primadonna92/quizzes/Which%20Harry%20Potter%20Gu
y%20are%20you%20Most%20Compatible%20with%3F/">src="http://images.quizilla.com/P/primadonna92/1036463948_turessnape.jpg"
border="0" alt="Snape">
Which Harry Potter Guy are you Most
Compatible with?

brought to you by href="http://quizilla.com">Quizilla


And just to make the season bright... posted all her reindeer games here and posted Billy in a kilt here!

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!

No comments: