Monday, January 13, 2003

Poem for Monday


First Sex
by Sharon Olds


I knew little, and what I knew
I did not believe--they had lied to me
so many times, so I just took it as it
came, his naked body on the sheet,
the tiny hairs curling on his legs like
fine, gold shells, his sex
harder and harder under my palm
and yet not hard as a rock his face cocked
back as if in terror, the sweat
jumping out of his pores like sudden
trails from the tiny snails when his knees
locked with little clicks and under my
hand he gathered and shook and the actual
flood like milk came out of his body, I
saw it glow on his belly, all they had
said and more, I rubbed it into my
hands like lotion, I signed on for the duration.

--------


We were going to go to a train show and wander around a town in a nearby county yesterday, but it was so cold we ended up going to a local nature center and greenhouse and mostly staying indoors. Will probably do the excursion next Saturday since we are not going to my sister's for MLK weekend as planned -- turns out her housekeeper is sleeping in her spare bedroom for the time being as she is between apartments. The kids will be disappointed.

Weighed saving Sharpe's Waterloo until I really, really needed a Sean Bean fix or watching it within three days of having seen Revenge and Justice, decided to watch it last night. Glad I did even though it's much choppier than any of the other installments and there's some recirculated footage that's very annoying. Sharpe and Harper sooo slashy and Alexis Denisof ends up where I wanted him all along...

Ooh! Ooh! pointed out these links of 's: Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum looking very in love or in character -- I can't tell which.

found this in someone's sig file and passed it on to me:
"Bother," said Pooh. "Eeyore, ready to photon torpedoes and lock phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

I need to transcribe three interviews this week. Am not in the mood to transcribe; as always, when I have work I have to do, I am overrun with story ideas. When work dries up I always get writers' block. Why is that?

Since my husband is obsessively burning CDs, I decided I really needed all my favorite Suzanne Vega songs in one place. Had forgotten just how damn much I like her. Will have to burn 10,000 Maniacs while I am on an '80s roll.

Here is GMR's Indian Runner review.

Just the latest scary news: GOP Leaders Tighten Hold In the House, from The Washington Post.

This is very funny because I spend NO time getting ready in the morning and I said so on the hair question!

MOD
How can I label you?

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: