Saturday, January 04, 2003

Poem for Saturday


The Prohibition
by John Donne


               TAKE heed of loving me;
At least remember, I forbade it thee;
Not that I shall repair my unthrifty waste
Of breath and blood, upon thy sighs and tears,
By being to thee then what to me thou wast;
But so great joy our life at once outwears.
Then, lest thy love by my death frustrate be,
If thou love me, take heed of loving me.

               Take heed of hating me,
Or too much triumph in the victory;
Not that I shall be mine own officer,
And hate with hate again retaliate;
But thou wilt lose the style of conqueror,
If I, thy conquest, perish by thy hate.
Then, lest my being nothing lessen thee,
If thou hate me, take heed of hating me.

               Yet love and hate me too;
So these extremes shall ne'er their office do;
Love me, that I may die the gentler way;
Hate me, because thy love's too great for me;
Or let these two, themselves, not me, decay;
So shall I live thy stage, not triumph be.
Lest thou thy love and hate, and me undo,
O let me live, yet love and hate me too.


A friend of mine is renewing her wedding vows (it's her 30th anniversary!) at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel in an Elvis-themed ceremony. This seems to be to be one of the most brilliant ideas ever!

Wow! From

I Am

Which tarot card are you?


Manifestation through will. Imagination, concentration, action. Spirit and Matter united.

A young man raises a doubly terminated wand in his right hand. The wand is held vertically, a tool for the unification of heaven and earth. His left index finger grounds this duality into creation drawing from the original chaos to bring into being the flowers of creation. His aura is shown as the horizontal figure eight, symbol of eternity, while about his waist is wrapped the serpen-cinture, the serpent devouring its own tail, another symbol of eternity. In front of him are the creator/magicians tools, wands, cups, swords and pentacles, symbolizing fire, water, air and earth.


I think of myself as The Empress or occasionally the High Priestess, though in readings The World has come up often in the position of self (in full-deck spreads, it tends to be the ten of cups). I read Tarot as psychetypes, not for prognostication, but these seem fortuitous to me.

Last night I got two of my most beloved friends to join LiveJournal! So I am feeling very good. Please welcome and ! Those of you whom I know from Voyager fandom, especially J/C, you know them...just not necessarily under those names. *g*

I know I owe about two dozen e-mails...woke up late after spending too much time chatting with some people last night, have to go to a thing at my son's Hebrew school now...will write soon! Don't forget me!

No comments: