Sunday, January 05, 2003

Poem for Sunday, by request for <lj user

The Search
by Shel Silverstein


I went to find the pot of gold
That's waiting where the rainbow ends.
I searched and searched and searched and searched
And searched and searched, and then --
There it was, deep in the grass,
Under an old and twisty bough.
It's mine, it's mine, it's mine at last...
What do I search for now?

* * * *

The snow that is general over North America has finally arrived here. We had flurries on and off yesterday but nothing that stuck; this is the wet kind, and it's sticking, though it's still little sharp biting flakes rather than big fluffy ones. This is the snowiest winter that I can remember since I was a child and I'd managed to forget how beautiful trees are covered with ice. Christmas lights can't begin to compare.

I guess we are not going to Ellicott City to see the model train displays and the Wiccan stores today, however. Ah well, there's always next weekend. Must find ways to amuse boys until there's enough on the ground for sledding.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! I am totally enjoying all the fic people have written for you as gifts.

Chapter 16 of The Captain and the King is up -- must go read that. Then must go write some schmoopy (Mary Sue-free) Happy!Fic because I'm just in the mood, dammit.

I Shall Taste Man-Flesh! ...um, maybe not.
What Race are You in Middle Earth?
What Race Are You in Middle Earth?


Hey , where are Boromir and Faramir and what are they doing now? *g*

No comments: