Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Poem for Tuesday


Sonnet XX
By William Shakespeare


A woman's face with nature's own hand painted,
Hast thou, the master mistress of my passion,
A woman's gentle heart but not acquainted
With shifting change as is false women's fashion,
An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling:
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth,
A man in hue all hues in his controlling,
Which steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created,
Till nature as she wrought thee fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she pricked thee out for women's pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure.


A-Z gacked from :

A - Act your age? Nope. When I was young I acted older, and now I act younger.
B - Born on what day of the week? Sunday.
C - Chore you hate? Cleaning toilets. Would rather go to the dentist.
D - Dad's name? Roy.
E - Essential makeup item? I'm allergic to almost all makeup. Can't brush my hair without conditioner, if that counts.
F - Favorite actor? John Cassavetes.
G - Gold or silver? Silver, except sometimes in my ears where I'm allergic to anything that tarnishes.
H - Hometown? Washington, DC.
I - Instruments you play? Piano, recorder, a bit of guitar.
J - Job title? Freelance writer.
K - Kids? Two.
L - Living arrangements? Townhouse with husband, kids, two cats.
M - Mom's name? Linda.
N - Number of people you've slept with? Go fish.
O - Overnight hospital stays? Three. Twice in childbirth, once for hernia surgery as an infant.
P - Phobia? Claustro.
Q - Quote you like? "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace." -- Amelia Earhart
R - Religious affiliation? Jewitch.
S - Siblings? One younger sister.
T - Time you wake up? On an ideal day, between 9-10 a.m. Ideal days are very rare.
U - Unique habit? Pulling a random Tarot card out of a deck to help unblock creative writing.
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat? Broccoli. Much as it pains me to have anything in common with George Bush, he's right about this one thing.
W - Worst habit? Procrastination.
X - X-rays you've had? Teeth. I had ultrasounds when pregnant but I don't think I've ever had another x-ray.
Y - Yummy food you make? Kraft Macaroni and Cheese right out of the box.
Z - Zodiac Sign? Sagittarius.

pointed me to this interview with Alfonso Cuaron on 's page. Put a big smile on my face: "The evil Voldemort is very similar to Saddam Hussein. Or George Bush. They're really the same. I believe George Bush and Saddam Hussein should go to a desert island together and relax. It would be a love affair, like in Y Tu Mamá También. And then there would be no war." (Maybe I will not doze off during repeat viewing of third Harry Potter movie as I almost did during second.)

And frabjous day, a quiz from :

robin
You are Sir Robin, a knight on the quest for the
Holy Grail. You are very passive and cowardly
though you deny being so, and are accompanied
by a troop of annoying minstrels who are later
eaten (with much rejoicing).
Which Monty Python's Quest For the Holy Grail
character are you?

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: