Friday, June 08, 2007

Poem for Friday


Sphere
By A.R. Ammons


there is a faculty or knack, smallish, in the mind that can turn
as with tooling irons immediacy into bends of concision, shapes
struck with airs to keep so that one grows unable to believe that

the piling up of figurements and entanglements could proceed from
the tiny working of the small, if persistent, faculty: as if the
world could be brought to flow by and take the bent of

that single bend: and immediately flip over into the
mirrored world
of permanence, another place trans-shaped with knackery: a brook in
the mind that will eventually glitter away the seas: and yet pile

them all up, every drop recollected: a little mill that changes
everything, not from its shape, but from change: the faculty
that can be itself, small, but masterful in the face of size and

spectacular ramification into diversity...

--------


Another semi-hectic day, and my neck is sore and itching AGAIN where I had that mole removed months ago and I am really irritated! I had lunch with at Fuddruckers, which was lovely -- I haven't been to the one in Rockville since they moved into the space that used to be Fritzbe's, and we sat in the Beatles booth (though as I told her, had I known there was an Elvis booth, I might have insisted upon sitting there). I had their Thai chicken sandwich only without the sandwich part and it was very good. But I had tried to go to World Market before meeting her, and I had all sorts of stuff picked out from Cadbury for younger son to incense for a friend to a wooden snakey for , and after twenty minutes of waiting for them to fix both of the open registers, I gave up and left everything so I wouldn't be late for lunch. Woe!

Came home to get the kids, then we went to a "welcome picnic" at what will be older son's high school..."picnic" in this case meaning school cafeteria hamburgers and hot dogs! And no one had bothered to mention that younger siblings should be left at home as the entire "picnic" was programmed indoors. So walked with younger son to the nearby Jerry's to get him something edible (mini crab cake subs, mmm) while I sat and made small talk with some of the other parents and read all the PTSA information and avoided recruiters for the Boosters.


My violin teacher's cockatiels have produced an egg.


Unfortunately, they did not pick the smartest place to lay it...


...in their food dish!


And they provide other frequent reminders of why birds do not rule the world...


...such as attempting to use my hair for nesting material. (Photo taken with my phone, sorry about the blur.)


Gacked from :

LiveJournal Username
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest!
Cutlass or pistol?
What is the name of your pirate ship?
Where is your secret pirate base?
What kind of loot do you prefer?
What do you and your crew prefer to be called?
Parrot or monkey?
Argh!
Your capable first matesparowe
Your bumbling cabin boy with a heart of goldrexluscus
The aloof, yet honorable, pirate with a mysterious paststarfishchick
Is always the first one into the fraydementordelta
Is the naval officer who ruthlessly pursues your shipjenniferlupin
Is the comical pirate who is always drunk on grogfuschia
Is currently in Davy Jones's lockerwyomingnot
The amount of money you make as a pirate$84,463
This Fun Quiz created by Lynn at BlogQuiz.Net
Free Daily Horoscopes at DailyHoroscopes.Biz



So I see that I can run away to Canada this summer, even though Congress can't get their act together on the immigration bill, and Bush let his boyfriend Tony Blair talk him into supporting the G-8 call to reduce global warming by limiting emissions. Maybe he thought it meant seminal emissions. *giggles like ten year old* Okay, obviously I need to go to sleep before I start commenting on Al Sharpton commenting on Paris Hilton when he could be commenting on the immigration bill or the environment...talk about greenhouse gases! Am reading lots of 40th anniversary articles about the Six-Day War, from one political extreme to the other...lots of food for thought, at least. But oh do I know better than to open that can of worms here!

No comments: