Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Doctor Who/Torchwood Casting Yay!

<geek>

I see a BBC announcement that Catherine Tate accepts proposal to star in fourth series! And just as delightful, Freema Agyeman is set to join the cast of Torchwood!

This makes me happy, as I like both the women very much, and I like the Doctor-Donna and Jack-Martha dynamics better than Doctor/Martha. (As for Kylie Minogue, I have no opinion, having never seen her play anything but herself, but if Billie Piper is an example of Russell T. Davies' ability to transform pop stars into actors, I will assume the best.)

And we just spent an hour watching "Dalek" from the Ninth Doctor, trying to figure out canon on the Daleks, since in "Dr. Who and the Daleks" it was stated that the Daleks went into their metal contraptions to escape from radiation poisoning but we all remembered (correctly) that Nine had said they were genetically engineered.

I need to find a way to make my Eighth Doctor .avi play on my television, because it's too long for me to tolerate on my computer screen. I came late to the Paul McGann party, via Hornblower, and even if I don't like the movie, I expect to enjoy the watching.

</geek>

No comments: