Saturday, February 26, 2011

Poem for Saturday, 'STV: The Final Frontier', Aquarium

O Were My Love Yon Lilac Fair
By Robert Burns


O were my love yon Lilac fair,  
  Wi' purple blossoms to the Spring,
And I, a bird to shelter there,  
  When wearied on my little wing!
How I wad mourn when it was torn        
  By Autumn wild, and Winter rude!
But I wad sing on wanton wing,  
  When youthfu' May its bloom renew'd.
O gin my love were yon red rose,  
  That grows upon the castle wa';    
And I myself a drap o' dew,  
  Into her bonie breast to fa'!
O there, beyond expression blest,  
  I'd feast on beauty a' the night;
Seal'd on her silk-saft faulds to rest,
  Till fley'd awa by Phoebus' light!

--------

I have no idea how it got to be 11:30...this Friday just flew by. We had a rainy morning, then high winds in the afternoon that caused fallen trees and power lines all around the area, though very thankfully not here -- we just lost the internet for a few minutes, though some of my programs have been flaky all day. It took me till late in the evening to get my review of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier posted...not one of my better ones because it's definitely not one of the franchise's better movies, but I refuse not to love it anyway.

I got to take a walk despite the iffy weather and it was glorious -- not too cold, rather exhilarating in the wind. We had dinner with my parents, then came home for Smallville, which continues its trend of being wonderful this season -- spoilers -- of course I am delighted to see Oliver in a showgirl outfit, but I also love that Chloe knows Batman and Wonder Woman, and after a few minutes of thinking I was going to hate hate hate the end of the episode with her leaving, they ended it perfectly instead -- oh heck yes she and Oliver should be married! Then, even though I don't watch the show, we left on Supernatural's "Visit To a Weird Planet" episode, which was enormous fun even for a non-fan like me (Misha Collins tweeting for the WIN). I appreciated the Hercules-Xena versions of these more because I was more familiar with the writing and production staffs, but Jensen and Jared's willingness to make fun of themselves and their careers is really quite delightful. I ran so late that I have only a couple of not-great National Aquarium central tank photos tonight:



No comments: