Sunday, October 21, 2012

Poem for Sunday and Homecoming Saturday

This Did Not Happen
By Thylias Moss

This did not happen

although I have memories of it:
a doctor unwrapping a tutu
so I knew I was in a hospital
but one unlike any other
practicing strange medicine
but this strangeness has been effective

A hospital for dancers?

I was in pink,
sequined

I had been in a street,
an alley and

I was left there, tutu shredded,
I couldn't dance

anymore.

No animals other than myself, so the animal
in me

emerged

but tried to hurt no one

else.

--------

Quickie as we have all had a busy day. Adam had the county cross country championships in the morning; he finished well and will be an alternate for the team to regionals. We went out and made a couple of stops with Daniel before picking up Adam, who went out to lunch with the team. Then we drove to Scotts Run Nature Preserve to see the changing leaves and hike down to the river.

Adam had the homecoming dance in the evening, so we picked up Maddy and left them at Tara Thai, then went out with Daniel for Indian food in the mall. I just had time to take advantages of Bath & Body Works' sale before we had to pick them up again to take them to the school for the dance. The rest of us watched a bunch of Relic Hunter, and Maddy's father just dropped him off here!


Taking photos at Scotts Run.


Family crossing at Scotts Run.


At the county championship (photo by someone else from Facebook).


With Maddy for Homecoming (the theme was masquerade, hence her makeup).

No comments: