Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Poem for Wednesday and Hungry Birds

CXLI (On This Wondrous Sea)
By Emily Dickinson

On this wondrous sea,
  Sailing silently,
Knowest thou the shore
  Ho! pilot, ho!
Where no breakers roar,
  Where the storm is o'er?

In the silent west
Many sails at rest,
  Their anchors fast;
Thither I pilot thee,—
Land, ho! Eternity!
  Ashore at last!

--------

Tuesday was mostly about chores -- laundry and carpools and that sort of excitement. Adam had the school's last dual meet with another high school for the season, which they did not win, and after I dropped him off there, I stopped in the nearby Whole Foods, which was my biggest excursion (closer to home was just fine, though, as there were four bunnies and seven deer enjoying the cool damp woods). I am not a big fan of Whole Foods but now that I know the whole story on Kellogg's Morningstar Farms ingredients (battery chicken eggs, GMO corn), I refuse to eat their products, and Whole Foods has vegetarian frozen foods for less than the Bethesda Co-op.

I am still trying to finish 2010 in Flickr uploads and am nearing 100,000 images, since I have lots of photos in several sizes. I made some earrings out of beads and Barbie shoes while waiting for uploads to finish. We had a night off from baseball since both the Orioles and Nationals were traveling (thank goodness because I needed a night off from screaming at the TV), so since Paul got home only for the second St. Trinian's movie yesterday and I have them both on a seven-day rental, we watched the first, The Belles of St. Trinian's, which is hilarious. Here are some photos I forgot about from July, from a picnic at the Brandywine Zoo with Delta:















No comments: