Thursday, October 10, 2013

Poem for Thursday and Vienna Teng

An Eternity
By Archibald MacLeish

There is no dusk to be,
   There is no dawn that was,
Only there's now, and now,
   And the wind in the grass.

Days I remember of
   Now in my heart, are now;
Days that I dream will bloom
   White peach bough.

Dying shall never be
   Now in the windy grass;
Now under shooken leaves
   Death never was.

--------

The remains of Tropical Storm Karen has finally arrived in the DC area (as has Hugh Jackman, who is at some adoption charity event that he sadly did not invite me to), so we are expected to have a few days of rain that we really need. That didn't start until evening, fortunately, since I was out most of the day: I had a noon dentist appointment in the ghost town that is White Flint Mall, then I met , and her husband at Lebanese Taverna, and spent several hours chatting and eating hummus and grape leaves. I have no cavities, which is always something to be grateful for!

Younger son came home very tired from cross country practice and made Swedish meatballs for dinner because someone decided that it's Leif Erickson Day (I thought we should drop acid since it was also John Lennon's birthday, but the only acid I have is reflux from coughing too much, hah). We watched this week's DS9 episode-for-review, then this week's Nashville (hey, producers, the new head of Rayna's studio can't act, get rid of him ASAP and write Juliette a storyline worth watching). Here are some of my (blurry cell phone) Vienna Teng photos from Sunday, you get subjected to them so I have them here:










No comments: