Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Poem for Wedneday and Locust Grove Autumn

Autumn Poem (2012)
By Hoa Nguyen

Call capable
      a lemony
light & fragile

Time like a ball and elastic

so I can stop burning the pots

        wondering yes      electric stove

She is her   but I don't reme
mber                        remember
the ashes I obsess    She said

I was obsessed with
(not wanting to work with
ashes)

     Mandible dream
    says the street
& ash work

             because the scorn
and ions long
there   I wor   I woke up
in the overlooked dark

            I work
do that warp    twistingly
wrap the dead

Black and white like the
long-dead     starved pet rodent
eating the basement
        curtains and peanut shells

   I walk   I wal
I walks down sometimes
why the advi

abide     the advice was

not "Fair better"
but "Fail better"

Auto dish soap
1/2 and 1/2
Coffee beans

Bake the golden things
Rust colors
Rust colors

--------

Tuesday was a catch-up day for me. I had some work to get done, I had some shopping to get done, I had some laundry to get done, and it was all relatively successful, so I can't complain, though the Christmas stuff moving into the mall on shelves that should still have Halloween displays depresses me. I managed to get my Bath & Body Works freebies, at least.

While driving home from the mall I spotted some amazing trees behind the tennis courts at Cabin John Park, so I pulled into the parking lot at Locust Grove and ended up taking a walk in the woods there. It was cool and crisp and gorgeous, and since school hadn't let out, it was also nearly empty. I only had my phone so the pics aren't great but I needed to save them:

















Since Agents of SHIELD was a rerun, we caught up on shows we missed while we were away, including Once Upon a Time (most sins forgiven because of the tall ships) and Masters of Sex (moving and superbly acted and providing the best line for memes I've heard all month: "Why won't my dick work? Fuck!"). I need to rewatch last week's Elementary -- I don't remember it.

No comments: