Friday, February 07, 2014

Poem for Friday and Fort Washington

To the Roaring Wind
By Wallace Stevens

What syllable are you seeking,
Vocalissimus,
In the distances of sleep?
Speak it.

--------

All day it felt like a Monday, since I'd had the whole family home on Wednesday, so I kept being pleasantly surprised by the realization that it was Thursday while I was working on a review and enjoying the lovely mid-30s weather that followed the ice storm. I saw two bunnies munching together on the neighbor's lawn and watched them for a while before I realized the neighbor had arrived home and were looking at me strangely. That was all the excitement locally, other than picking up Adam from track.

We watched the beginning of the Olympics, though I don't know the rules for either slopestyle or the new team figure skating events so I have no opinions on the standings or anything besides the fact that Jeremy Abbott needs to pull it together in big international competitions, something I'm sure he doesn't need me to tell him. Elementary was great tonight, with Watson solving her own case while Sherlock got laid a lot. Here are some of the sights from sunny Fort Washington last weekend:















No comments: