Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Poem for Wednesday, Silver Stallion, Fort Washington Deer

I Want the Certainty of Love in Another Language
By Christie Ann Reynolds

You walked in like the light
From every sun that rose
This year had exploded
Symmetrically from your eyes
I was uncertain--no I was certain
I wanted your eyes to shoot
Laser beams straight through me
It was certain we were soon to be
Bound by something mythological
It was certain that when you moved
The hair away from my mouth
A locust in your eyes
Moved farther afield
It was uncertain if one day
We would be saying
I will not love you
The way I love you presently
It was certain we spoke
The danger language of deer
Moving only when moving
Our velvet bodies in fear

--------

Uneventful Tuesday. Overcast but lovely weather, mid-30s (now we're getting sleet and we're under a winter weather warning). Got laundry folded. Got article finished. Watched the making of the Super Bowl Jaguar ad with Hiddleston et al directed by Tom Hooper. Also watched the Cumberbatch Sesame Street spot with the Count. Checked up on the DC snowy owl (improving).

Had squash and beans for dinner. Urged cats off heating vents (current score: Cats 36, Me 11). Watched Agents of SHIELD, lots of violence, a couple of plot holes that hopefully will be patched in the sequel. Then watched The Silver Stallion with Cheryl, not enough Russell Crowe. Some of the many deer at Fort Washington:















No comments: