Friday, October 10, 2014

Poem for Friday and State Fair Animals

To a Friend who sent me some Roses
By John Keats

As late I rambled in the happy fields,
  What time the sky-lark shakes the tremulous dew
  From his lush clover covert;—when anew
Adventurous knights take up their dinted shields:
I saw the sweetest flower wild nature yields,
  A fresh-blown musk-rose; 'twas the first that threw
  Its sweets upon the summer: graceful it grew
As is the wand that queen Titania wields.
And, as I feasted on its fragrancy,
  I thought the garden-rose it far excell'd:
But when, O Wells! thy roses came to me
  My sense with their deliciousness was spell'd:
Soft voices had they, that with tender plea
  Whisper'd of peace, and truth, and friendliness unquell'd.

--------

The early part of my Thursday was uneventful -- bunch of work and chores -- but I got to have dinner with Heather and Sharkie, whom I had not seen in far too long! We had appetizers and dessert at Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping -- mostly girly stores, but also Halloween stuff, now that the mall has both a costume store and all the wings and things at Claire's.

I watched Gracepoint, which thus far is keeping extremely close to Broadchurch, and caught up on Forever, which is my favorite new show of the past year and I am so worried about its ratings! It's everything I like about Elementary with a subtle supernatural angle, a lovely central family relationship, and plenty of humor. Here are some Maryland State Fair animals:














No comments: