Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Poem for Wednesday and Arboretum Bonsai

Her feet were bare...
By Victor Hugo
Translated by A.S. Kline

Her feet were bare, she’d undone her hair,
Sitting, fair, by the bowing reeds;
I who went by, thought a fairy was there,
And I said: Will you walk in the meads?

She looked at me with a haughty look
That beauty retains when we conquer,
And I said: Will you? It’s the month of love,
Will a walk in the woods be your answer?

She dried her feet on the riverside grass;
She looked at me once again,
And the playful beauty then took thought.
Oh the birds that sang deep in the day!

The water caressed the shore so gently!
That joyous sweet girl, fearful and wild,
Among the green rushes she came to me,
Her hair in her eyes, and through it a smile.

--------

My Tuesday was no more exciting than my Monday, very routine except for exceptionally lovely November weather that got into the high 60s -- the bunnies enjoyed it, the chipmunks enjoyed it, the crickets enjoyed it and were singing after dark, which made me so happy...in fact, I think everyone enjoyed it but my cats, because the squirrels and birds were enjoying it all over our deck, and the cats couldn't get them. Other than chores, I spent most of my day working on our family's 2015 calendar (theme: Outer Banks trip), since Shutterfly was not only having a 40% off sale but offered an extra 20% today with free shipping and I wanted to get the order in by midnight.

We watched the beginning of the Concert for Valor but stopped to watch Agents of SHIELD, which had terrible dialogue and way too few women besides Special Snowflake Skye, and I was already frustrated because I had been really tempted to watch Supernatural's 200th episode, a.k.a. "Fan Fiction," because I have never seen a musical episode that I have not loved, whether it was Buffy's spectacular "Once More With Feeling" or Xena's less spectacular "The Bitter Suite." Then we watched Forever which I am so glad has been picked up for the entire season, and which had Jane Seymour, even if the BDSM storyline had its flaws. National Arboretum autumn bonsai:














No comments: