Sunday, December 28, 2014

Placeholder for Sunday

Extreme quickie tonight since I was out until late after dinner with my friend Hildy, whom I have known since first grade! Here are a few photos of the rest of my day, which my family spent wandering around over many blocks in DC. More tomorrow!


Paul, Daniel, and Adam in front of the US Capitol (under construction) and the Congressional Christmas tree.


Inside the Library of Congress, about to visit the Magna Carta on loan from Lincoln Cathedral.


A coded letter by Sir Francis Walsingham in the Decoding the Renaissance cryptography exhibit at the Folger Shakespeare Library.


At one of the US Botanic Garden holiday displays...


...and at the train display.


Speaking of trains, here we are at the big Norwegian tree at Union Station.


And out in front of Union Station at dusk.

No comments: