Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Poem for Tuesday and Family at Scott's Run

Dust of Snow
By Robert Frost

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

--------

I had ambitious catch-up plans for Monday but mostly I got the laundry washed, if not folded, and the photos uploaded to Flickr, if not sorted and unlocked. I blame this partially on Cyber Monday -- I could not believe the amount of mail I got, I felt so popular, nearly 200 emails devoted entirely to trying to get me to buy stuff, even from mailing lists from which I thought I'd removed myself years ago! -- and partially on the fact that Thanksgiving is better at inspiring me to make New Year's resolutions than New Year's Eve, while the latter in fact does a much better job of inspiring me to be thankful. People were weird on social media, inspiring me to avoid it.

The weather was amazing all day: cloudy but quite warm in the morning and afternoon (the bunnies were hiding when I took a walk just as the rain was starting, but I saw six deer, including the stag), then temperatures dropping very swiftly after dark, so that by the time we ate dinner we had to close all the windows and an hour later the heat came on. We watched the mid-season finale of Sleepy Hollow, which was a bit of a letdown but had Ichabod commandeering a motorcycle which made up for pretty much everything, then another episode of Madam Secretary, which I am loving and so grateful for On Demand! Family at Scott's Run:














No comments: