Friday, September 18, 2015

Poem for Friday and Homestead Goats

Oh Ye Gods
By George Washington

Oh Ye Gods why should my Poor Resistless Heart
Stand to oppose thy might and Power
At Last surrender to cupids feather'd Dart
And now lays Bleeding every Hour
For her that's Pityless of my grief and Woes
And will not on me Pity take
Ill sleep amongst my most Inviterate Foes
And with gladness never with to Wake
In deluding sleepings let my Eyelids close
That in an enraptured Dream I may
In a soft lulling sleep and gentle repose
Possess those joys denied by Day

--------

Thursday was all work and no play, though Paul was working from home so we got to have lunch together, plus we took a walk in the early evening to see bunnies. It wasn't that hot, but there was a code orange alert and I had a little bit of a headache that was probably related.

We watched a little bit of college football, then because we'd bailed on the debate the night before, we watched Man of the Year which we realized we'd never seen (I was mixing it up with Dave). I like fictional elections much better than real ones. The goats at Homestead Farm:
















No comments: