Friday, October 23, 2015

Poem for Friday and Maryland Renfaire

The river and its waves are one
By Kabir
Translated by Rabindranath Tagore

The river and its waves are one
surf: where is the difference between the river and its waves?
When the wave rises, it is the water; and when it falls, it is
   the same water again.  Tell me, Sir, where is the distinction?
Because it has been named as wave, shall it no longer be
   considered as water?

--------

Thursday was one of those days when I felt like I could never get on top of the list of all the things I needed to get done. I have no particular excuse, apart from having watched a whole bunch of clips from Admiral Nelson movies while looking for a particular one to send a link to a friend (come on, there can't be too many "Kiss me, Hardy" moments on film). I realize I was a day late but in this country Back to the Future day apparently trumps Trafalgar Day.

It was warm again, even more than Wednesday, and one of the bunnies was even back in the usual spot in front of the ceramic fox on our neighbor's lawn. We had lentil pumpkin stew for dinner with my leftover Ethiopian food, then we watched Heroes Reborn, which I must confess I am really enjoying, and Sleepy Hollow, which is much more fun this season than last though I always really liked both these shows. Some photos from the Maryland Renaissance Festival:
















No comments: