Sunday, December 20, 2015

Poem for Sunday and C&O Canal

First Love
By Jennifer Franklin

The boy beside me
is not you but he
is familiar in all

the important ways.
I pass through life
finding you over

and over again—
oppress you
with love. And every

surrogate?
Afflicted by my
kindness, they leave

me with my music.
I loved you before
I ever loved you.

--------

My day extremely in brief: morning doing household stuff, soup for lunch with Paul and Adam, then we all went to take a walk along the C&O Canal in the first actually December-ish day we've had, though there was so little wind that it wasn't very cold. We stopped at the Bethesda Co-op, which happened to be having a wine and cheese tasting -- we bought some of both -- then came home, had dinner, and just finished watching Return of the Jedi, followed by Robot Chicken: Star Wars because Adam's girlfriend had never seen the latter.

So a very nice day, now capped by Tina and Amy on SNL. Some photos from the canal locks, including what we think is a sharp-shinned hawk but might possibly be a cooper's hawk:
















No comments: