Saturday, February 06, 2016

Poem for Saturday, Basics 2, Longwood Winter

Snowball
By Shel Silverstein

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be.
I thought I’d keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
   Then last night it ran away,
   But first—it wet the bed.

--------

I have had what I can only describe as a really insane night being trolled online, of the sort I haven't had since the days of Usenet, so forgive me for being brief and incoherent. It was not an eventful day in the real world. I posted a review of Voyager's "Basics, Part Two", went to the food store and CVS to get various things we need for when Daniel comes home, and had Thai for dinner courtesy my parents.

We had flurries this morning -- luckily the heavier snow all fell north of us -- and it was nice enough when we walked in the late afternoon that we saw three bunnies munching the newly exposed grass amidst what's left of the snow. Evening TV included now-on-Fridays Sleepy Hollow, though I had trouble concentrating due to the insane night online, plus we watched some more Bones. Longwood Gardens' snow:
















No comments: