Sunday, April 17, 2016

Poem for Sunday, Victor Frankenstein, Brookside Spring

Alone
By Edgar Allan Poe

From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were--I have not seen
As others saw--I could not bring
My passions from a common spring--
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow--I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone--
And all I lov’d--I lov’d alone--
Then--in my childhood--in the dawn
Of a most stormy life--was drawn
From ev’ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still--
From the torrent, or the fountain--
From the red cliff of the mountain--
From the sun that ‘round me roll’d
In its autumn tint of gold--
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass’d me flying by--
From the thunder, and the storm--
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

--------

Been in York, PA seeing Paul's father, mother, and youngest brother who is flying home to Oregon in the morning. Clair is making progress but it's slow and difficult -- we saw some of his physical therapy, walking and climbing steps, which would be hard enough purely from the hip injury without also having to contend with the effects of a stroke. We had brought lunch with us and ate at the picnic tables outside with Cinda while Clair was having speech therapy. They keep him very busy in rehab, which is good! We're going back tomorrow with Adam so he can see his grandpa.

Meanwhile, we just watched Victor Frankenstein, which has a screenplay as bad as you've heard but a cast that's fun and a bizarre love story between Victor and Igor (Lorelai's character is ostensibly the companion of a different gay man but she's obviously really there in a futile attempt to persuade us that Igor isn't in love with Victor). The visuals are fun, like Ritchie watched too much Gilliam then had his budget cut. Because it's about an Uruk, I knew it was all going to end in a warg battle, but before that, it's entertaining. From Brookside Gardens, spring tulips, turtles, frog, and other animals:
















No comments: