Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Poem for Tuesday and Pumpkin Season

A fourteen-line poem on Adoration
By Julie Carr

        1.   It does not take much

        2.   Half an hour here, half an hour there

        3.   It’s not a “presence” I adore

        4.   The erotically swollen moon

        5.   Let me go, friends, companions

        6.   The soldier watches his kid in a play

        7.   He seems nothing less or more than “foreigner”

        8.   Grass. Dirt.

        9.   The bottle broke and all the women gathered shards

        10. The effect was of inflation

        11.  There was only one alive moment in the day

        12.  Either I loved myself or I loved you

        13.  Just like a mother to say that

        14. “Do you become very much?” she wrote

--------

Monday was a beautiful October day -- not too warm, sunny, with oak leaves raining down on our neighborhood when the wind blew. I got an unexpected treat in that I got to have lunch with Alice, who needed to be up in our area for a few hours -- we went to Zoe's Kitchen for hummus and feta.

We caught up with Madam Secretary in the afternoon (not the pandas!) and this evening we watched Supergirl (I love this season's recurring cast) and Timeless (improving but start explaining the conspiracy already) around phone calls to relatives and such. From Homestead Farm yesterday:














No comments: