Friday, July 21, 2017

Poem for Friday and 21st Birthday

Dinner of Herbs
By Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Oh, better no doubt is a dinner of herbs,
When season'd with love, which no rancour disturbs
And sweeten'd by all that is sweetest in life
Than turbot, bisque, ortolans, eaten in strife!
But if, out of humour, and hungry, alone
A man should sit down to dinner, each one
Of the dishes which the cook chooses to spoil
With a horrible mixture of garlic and oil,
The chances are ten against one, I must own,
He gets up as ill-tempered as when he sat down.

--------

Thursday was Adam's 21st birthday! He had to work, though he didn't need the car so I got to get done various chores that required going out, but when he and Paul got home, we picked up my parents and went to The Melting Pot for dinner. We all ate way too much -- we had the four-course meal, which in my case included fiesta cheese, the California salad, tofu and veggies, and three kinds of chocolate in two fondue pots -- but it was all awesome and I hope Adam enjoyed it a much I as I did. We stopped at home briefly to give him presents, then he went to College Park to celebrate properly with his friends! A few photos:

17abday4

17abday1

17abday2

17abday3

No comments: