Friday, May 04, 2018

Poem for Friday, Fantastic Four, Brookside Tulips

Indiana Jones Poem
By Nicholas David

In the subway tunnel
I am Indiana Jones.

I feel the breath of god.

Right before the blades and knives
Come flying in my direction.

The A scurries by.
A rat scurries by.

On my way home from the Brooklyn Museum,

the penitent man will pass
But here I stand
and the ground begins to shake.

I pull my Yankee cap
through the gate, before the door crashes
and the world
collapses behind me.

--------

Maddy and I both needed to go to Target on Thursday, so after I did morning chores and she recovered from the stomachache she had from overeating the night before, we went to Washingtonian and walked around the lake to see the goslings before doing our shopping (though Target had issues with my gift card and I ended up not buying anything, ha -- at least I will not spend much for a couple of weeks because all electronic shopping devices hate me). Then we were hungry and thirsty so we went to Baskin Robbins!

I dropped Maddy off at the mall to meet her future housemates, then came home to finish the work I didn't get done while seeing goslings and fail-shopping. After dinner, Paul and I watched the 2005 Fantastic Four movie with Cheryl; it still has a mediocre script, a dopey villain, and some unforgivably bad special effects, but after the 2015 reboot, the charms of Gruffudd, Alba, Chiklis, and Evans and chemistry between them make it a lot more enjoyable! From last weekend, tulips at Brookside Gardens:

DSCN6816

DSCN6840

DSCN6828

DSCN6832

DSCN6826

DSCN6831

DSCN6829

DSCN6898

No comments: