Saturday, August 18, 2018

Poem for Saturday and Fair Piggies

Be Glad Your Nose Is on Your Face
By Jack Prelutsky

Be glad your nose is on your face,
not pasted on some other place,
for if it were where it is not,
you might dislike your nose a lot.

Imagine if your precious nose
were sandwiched in between your toes,
that clearly would not be a treat,
for you’d be forced to smell your feet.

Your nose would be a source of dread
were it attached atop your head,
it soon would drive you to despair,
forever tickled by your hair.

Within your ear, your nose would be
an absolute catastrophe,
for when you were obliged to sneeze,
your brain would rattle from the breeze.

Your nose, instead, through thick and thin,
remains between your eyes and chin,
not pasted on some other place--
be glad your nose is on your face!

--------

I did not even attempt to adult on Friday. My cat-sitter Rose had not seen Ant-Man and the Wasp, and since she will cat-sit for us while we're at the beach, I took her; it was a delight to see again! Then I ate lunch very late at Cava, since I was in the mall, and also since I was in the mall, I wasted half an hour in Sephora trying on the new Viktor & Rolf Magic Collection before joining my friends at a Regirock raid. He ran on one account and I had to solicit help to catch him on the other.

We were hoping Cheryl would arrive at PotterVerse early enough for us to have dinner with her, but for a variety of reasons she didn't get there until late in the evening, so we had sandwiches at home and watched a friend's screener of The Catcher Was a Spy, which is quite enjoyable and has a phenomenal cast though I won't vouch for its historical accuracy (and you may know the story from the Einstein season of Genius). Pigs at the county fair last weekend:

2018-08-12 14.35.59

2018-08-12 16.32.51

2018-08-12 14.42.16

2018-08-12 16.43.30

2018-08-12 14.36.33

2018-08-12 15.18.59

2018-08-12 14.41.25

2018-08-12 16.44.24

No comments: