Thursday, August 30, 2018

Poem for Thursday and Brookside Butterflies

Traveling Again
By Du Fu
Translated by B. Watson

I remember the temple,
this route I’ve traveled before,...
I recall the bridge as I cross it again.
It seems the hills and rivers have been waiting,
The flowers and willows all are selfless now.
The field is sleek and vivid, thin mist shines,
On soft sand, the sunlight’s color shows it’s late.
All the traveler’s sorrow fades away,
What better place to rest than this?

--------

Quickie, I spent Wednesday doing things I need to get done before traveling, which is a nice reason to have to do chores! I was in the mall twice. I went once to buy underwear (shut up) and do a Regirock raid (shut up) as well as to ship the Xbox that Adam got from Microsoft (though he doesn't want it) to Daniel (who does want it). Then we went back in the evening to pick up Euros and have dinner at Cava because we were right there and why not.

It was insanely hot, even the bunnies looked cranky, so I did not walk outdoors much and driving before the AC really kicked in was icky. We watched Ocean's 8 after we got back from dinner, which of course I really liked -- not the greatest script but it has Helena Bonham Carter and Cate Blanchett as well as a whole pile of other actresses I enjoy, and they were all fun together and all the villains were men. Brookside butterflies, indoors and out:

DSCN9237

DSCN9246

DSCN9250

DSCN9215

DSCN9232

DSCN9208

DSCN9211

DSCN9195

No comments: