Thursday, May 02, 2019

Poem for Thursday and Lake Whetstone Wildlife

Children Imitating Cormorants
By Kobayashi Issa
Translated by Robert Hass

Children imitating cormorants
are even more wonderful
than cormorants.

--------

We had rain forecast on Wednesday but it didn't fall at any point when I was outside or near a window. I had a bunch of work to catch up on, plus I was distracted by the news, so I didn't get out of the house until late afternoon anyway, at which point I went to one Groudon raid and the park for a little while. I did not do anything super-special for May Day but someone defriended me on Facebook for posting squirrel sex.

Paul did make quiche for Beltane, after which we watched the second episode of Gentleman Jack, which is great though I wish it would press harder the contradiction between Lister's own sexual liberation and her servants' lack of agency, then What We Do in the Shadows, which is a bit uneven when its humor gets gross but is still funny. From Lake Whetstone last weekend, ducks and ducklings, geese and goslings, turtles and cormorants:

DSCN6872

DSCN6893

DSCN6860

DSCN6907

DSCN6874

DSCN6870

DSCN6857

DSCN6886

No comments: