Thursday, November 28, 2019

Poem for Thursday and Thanksgiving Locally

Dusting
By Marilyn Nelson

Thank you for these tiny
particles of ocean salt,
pearl-necklace viruses,
winged protozoans:
for the infinite,
intricate shapes
of submicroscopic
living things.

For algae spores
and fungus spores,
bonded by vital
mutual genetic cooperation,
spreading their
inseparable lives
from equator to pole.

My hand, my arm,
make sweeping circles.
Dust climbs the ladder of light.
For this infernal, endless chore,
for these eternal seeds of rain:
Thank you. For dust.

--------

Paul worked from home so he could hang out with Daniel, and while he slept in, I went out for breakfast at Goldberg's with my friend Noelle from elementary school, which is now our Thanksgiving week tradition and completely delightful. Then Daniel and I binged Good Omens, which obviously he needed to see, and I did a couple of Terrakion raids with my Pokemon Go locals before dinner -- stuffed crust pizza.

Daniel hadn't seen Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse either, so we watched that after dinner, followed by Deadpool 2, which I've been in the mood for since Ryan Reynolds popped up on SNL; they played the same version of "Tomorrow" from the film in something we saw recently too, though now we can't remember what. Here are just a couple of local shopping center pics. Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

2019-11-23 20.03.30

2019-11-23 20.03.53

noelleme

No comments: