Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Poem for Wednesday and Longwood Blooms and Bamboo

Tanka
By Yosano Akiko
Translated by Dennis Maloney and Hide Oshiro

Poet, sing of this night
Alive with lights and
The wine served.
Our beauty pales
next to the peony.

Spring so short,
In what can we
Find immortality?
I let his hands fondle
My vigorous breasts.

Goodbye my love
For a night at Fuzan spring
I was your wife.
Now until the end of the world
I demand that you forget me.

Did we part
yesterday
or a thousand years ago?
Even now I feel
Your hand on my shoulder.

--------

My morning and a big chunk of my afternoon were taken up by an unexpected writing project. By the time I got out of the house, there were flurries in the air, so I only took a short walk in the park, then came home where it was warm and worked on a different project, this one involving kitchen cabinets. By then Disney+ had recovered from its early glitching!

After dinner we watched the first episode of The Mandalorian, which was a little too space-western for me until the end and then I loved it. Afterward we watched the sneaker study of The World According to Jeff Goldblum, which was hilarious, followed by another violent episode of Jack Ryan. Some more photos from Longwood Gardens' Blooms & Bamboo exhibit:

DSCN3283

DSCN3284

DSCN3263

2019-10-26 18.43.30

DSCN3264

DSCN3276

DSCN3242

2019-10-26 18.46.38

No comments: