Friday, March 06, 2020

Poem for Friday and Great Falls Canoes

Not By Bread Alone
By James Terry White

If thou of fortune be bereft,
And in thy store there be but left
Two loaves—sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.

--------

My friend Alice had an appointment in Bethesda on Thursday morning, so I got to see her afterward and go girly shopping and have lunch! We bumped into my dad just after arriving and walked with him for a few minutes, then went to Sephora, The Body Shop, White House Black Market, Claire's, and some other stores -- yes, I smelled like a perfume truck overturned on me -- before getting Indian food and eventually coming back to my house before Alice had to go home. Then I took a walk around my neighborhood to see the daffodils and hyacinths that are suddenly blooming!

We had my mother's leftover chick'n with penne alfredo for dinner, then we finally, belatedly started watching Jessica Jones, which I'd been ambivalent about because I knew sexual violence was a central theme and I knew David Tennant was central to the sexual violence, but I thought the first two episodes were very well written and well acted so I'll watch some more and see how I feel. I could only handle so many white women's tears over Warren, who didn't ever cry for Kamala or really campaign for Hillary, so I turned off late night TV! Canoes at Great Falls last weekend:

DSCN6235

DSCN6234

DSCN6233

DSCN6236

DSCN6241

DSCN6242

DSCN6230

No comments: