Saturday, September 19, 2020

Greetings for Rosh Hashanah

My Friday only moderately sucked up until the moment I found out that Ruth Bader Ginsberg had died, and now I am in a pit of depression and frustration. I just unfriended my last few high school and college acquaintances justifying/supporting the current administration -- I had them filtered anyway but I don't want my name showing up as a friend of evil. I am certainly not asking them to forgive me if my posts have offended them this past year, but I'm not worried: if there was really a God who smote the unrighteous, we wouldn't be this deep in the shit-show to begin with. 

Anyway, I woke up early pretty sore from my shingles vaccine, though Advil made that better and my arm isn't aching now. We had a quiet day recuperating and even took a short walk on which we saw both cul-de-sac bunnies. Then we went to my parents for Rosh Hashanah dinner, where we lit candles and said blessings via FaceTime with my sister's family, ate, then Skyped my kids between dinner and dessert. The Nationals were losing when we got home and proceeded to lose by a lot more, but at that point I just wanted distraction so we watched the new episode of The Boys

2020-09-16 21.45.02

2020-09-18 18.12.49

2020-09-18 18.12.51

No comments: