Thursday, October 29, 2020

Poem for Thursday and Clay Houses

House Of Clay
By Wildwood Slim

When dips my oar the Silent River
That Eternity and Time divide,
This house of clay I’ll leave forever
A new one waits, just o’er the tide.

This old clay, I’ll leave to crumble
Earth to earth, and dust to dust;
My vessel there, in the sweet forever,
‘Twill never mar, nor stain, nor rust.

T’wont be plagued with hurt and anguish,
Nor tempted with man’s gain and lust;
Pain and parting, there no never,
The gentle land of love and trust.

Yes, when my oar with silver glistens
From bright Jordan’s silent tide,
All to this world I leave behind me
Will lie in a grave on the green hillside.

Oh, meet me o’er the Silent River!
Our new forms there by faith will match
The house of clay we’ve left behind us;
Your familiar face at sight I’ll catch.

Pray that I my Oar have ready,
Both prepared to live and die;
That when we leave this clay behind us
We’ll meet again, friend, you and I.

-------- 

Wednesday was another pretty, cool fall day here, probably the last one this week since Hurricane Zeta is supposed to sweep through here Thursday. Paul had to go back to the dentist to get a permanent crown put on the tooth that needed the root canal, after which we took a walk and had sausages, then watched The Masked Singer, as ridiculous as ever (the internet says the Mushroom might be Martha Stewart, hahaha). 

Afterward, we started watching The Queen's Gambit, which everyone I know said was excellent and they were right. It has a lot of women in very difficult conditions, but so far they've all been very supportive of each other, even if that has sometimes meant enabling their addictions and bad decisions. Here are one of Andy Goldsworthy's three Clay Houses at Glenstone, plus his exhibits "Boulder" and "Holes" inside the other two:

DSCN2266

DSCN2265

2020-10-25 15.03.34

2020-10-25 15.03.24

DSCN2264

DSCN2269

DSCN2263

No comments: