Sunday, May 18, 2003

Matrix Reloaded

Wow. I'm not going to be ready to comment on this one until I ruminate for awhile and find a copy of the script and probably see it at least one more time, but on a pure enjoyment level, boy, did I. My mother volunteered to babysit and I had to make a tough choice between Matrix and X2 because who knows when I'm going to get babysitting again, but really when it came down to it I knew I wanted to see Matrix more. And I am not at all sorry.

I do suspect that the Wachowskis are no more consistent in their internal mythology than Chris Carter ever was; there are too many holes, too many bits that I can't match up no matter what kind of stretches I make. There's no way it's all going to pull together neatly in the final installment, but I don't care. I'm just amused, because I've been reading people's analysis of this film for several days, and really thought the Greek and Gnostic and Aztec elements might all magically align the way all the bodies do during...ahem. *g*

And thank you so, so much to everyone here who mentioned that we should stay through the credits until the preview at the very end. Nine-tenths of the people in the theater had walked out by that point, and we never would have known!

By Canadian artist Rob Gonsalves. I liked it so much I had to post it here.

No comments: