Thursday, August 28, 2003

Poem for Thursday


My Hero Bares His Nerves
By Dylan Thomas


My hero bares his nerves along my wrist
That rules from wrist to shoulder,
Unpacks the head that, like a sleepy ghost,
Leans on my mortal ruler,
The proud spine spurning turn and twist.

And these poor nerves so wired to the skull
Ache on the lovelorn paper
I hug to love with my unruly scrawl
That utters all love hunger
And tells the page the empty ill.

My hero bares my side and sees his heart
Tread, like a naked Venus,
The beach of flesh, and wind her bloodred plait;
Stripping my loin of promise,
He promises a secret heat.

He holds the wire from the box of nerves
Praising the mortal error
Of birth and death, the two sad knaves of thieves,
And the hunger's emperor;
He pulls the chain, the cistern moves.

--------


That's for , because I don't think I've ever posted any Dylan Thomas here.

Had no power most of the night last night. At least it mostly stayed on during the school ice cream social, which was cut short when the lights started flickering and we all ran to our cars in the pouring rain. I talked by candlelight on the phone to two of my best friends and realized that we were delivered when I heard the sump pump start up in the basement -- none too soon.

This morning I had to get six, count 'em, six articles up for TrekToday and CSI Files because both my editors have been offline all week, one felled by a computer virus, the other by motherboard problems. I got to -120 on my Friends list and gave up. I am dreadfully sorry if I owe you feedback. If you wrote any fic in fandoms you know I love to read, would you please please leave me links in my comments or write to me or post them to some appropriate mailing list where I can save them in my inbox? (Glares at Rugbytacklers.) Those of you to whom I owe betas I apologize; I was bitten by a small bunny yesterday and followed where it hopped, while I had an hour to spare.

Because screen caps are all we have, till November: The Two Towers and The Return of the King.


href="http://pages.prodigy.net/hpdevo/quiz">Which HP Kid Are You?


My son's elementary school has somehow, for the second time in two years, lost his immunization forms. Must go have them faxed over.

No comments: