Saturday, October 04, 2003

Poem for Saturday


Confession
By Alexander Pushkin


I love you-- though I rage at it,
Though it is shame and toil misguided,
And to my folly self-derided
Here at your feet I will admit!
It ill befits my years, my station,
Good sense has long been overdue!
And yet, by every indication,
Love's plague has stricken me anew:
You're out of sight-- I fall to yawning;
You're here-- I suffer and feel blue,
And barely keep myself from owning,
Dear elf, how much I care for you!
Why, when your guileless girlish chatter
Drifts from next door, your airy tread,
Your rustling dress, my senses scatter
And I completely lose my head.
You smile-- I flush with exaltation;
You turn away-- I'm plunged in gloom;
Your pallid hand is compensation
For a whole day of fancied doom.
When to the frame with artless motion
You bend to cross-stitch, all devotion,
Your eyes and ringlets down-beguiled,
My heart goes out in mute emotion
Rejoicing in you like a child!
Dare I confess to you my sighing,
How jealously I chafe and balk
When you set forth, at times defying
Bad weather, on a lengthy walk?
And then your solitary crying,
Those twosome whispers out of sight,
Your carriage to Opochka plying,
And the piano late at night...
Aline! I ask but to be pitied,
I do not dare to plead for love;
Love, for the sins I have committed,
I am perhaps not worthy of.
But make believe! Your gaze, dear elf,
Is fit to conjure with, believe me!
Ah, it is easy to deceive me!. . .
I long to be deceived myself!

--------


Also provides these fine examples of Poetry By George W. Bush. Think that if we praise it, he will resign from the presidency to go write more? If he does, I promise to buy his book.

And introduced so many of us to the wonder of the Snapeybot. Go! Chat! Squeal!

Below gacked from . I laughed till I choked, considering that I have these very Legos sitting in front of my computer. Also, when I looked at the other possible results, I was rather relieved.

legoXboys
~~ You are lego!Draco Malfoy and lego!Harry Potter!~~

What happens when J. K. sells out and slashers cash
in: romance between two diminutive plastic
toys. Draco and Harry were always enemies, but
they soon realized that there was a lot of
sexual tension between them, whether they liked
it or not -- because they were posable, after
all. And they had a lot of fun with their
miniture plastic brooms one day. The positions
were endless.
What Disturbing Harry Potter Slash Ship Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: