Sunday, October 19, 2003

Poem for Sunday


six apologies, lord
By Olena Kalytiak Davis


I Have Loved My Horrible Self, Lord.
I Rose, Lord, And I Rose, Lord, And I
Dropt. Your Requirements, Lord. 'Spite Your
    Requirements, Lord,
I Have Loved the Low Voltage Of The Moon, Lord,
Until There Was No Moon Intensity Left, Lord, No Moon
    Intensity Left
For You, Lord. I Have Loved The Frivolous, The Fleeting,
    The Frightful
Clouds, Lord. I Have Loved Clouds! Do Not Forgive Me,
    Do Not
Forgive Me LordandLover, HarborandMaster,
    GuardianandBread, Do Not.
Hold Me, Lord, O, Hold Me.
Accountable, Lord. I Am
Accountable. Lord.
Lord It Over Me,
Lord It Over Me, Lord. Feed Me
Hope, Lord. Feed Me
Hope, Lord, Or Break My Teeth.
Break My Teeth, Sir,
In This My Mouth.

--------

From Edward Hirsch' Poet's Choice in this morning's The Washington Post Book World. There's also a review filled with excerpts of the poetry of Pablo Neruda.


Younger son's soccer practice got moved, older son has Hebrew school, I am frantically trying to get work done so I can try to see while she is nearby! Of course The New York Times had to go and do a big article about the women who co-produce CSI. And where are all these Enterprise reviewers coming from? The review roundup gets longer and longer...

Happy birthday ! (Sorry if I am a day late -- I'm behind on my mailing lists again!) And congratulations on the sale!

From , who was a Phoenix, which is what I was on my last quiz...


You are a muse.
What legend are you?.
Take the Legendary Being Quiz by Paradox

No comments: