Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Poem for Tuesday


From The Tempest, Act VI Scene I
By William Shakespeare


Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

--------


A short one today, but one of the very, very best ever. I am going out to lunch with , and -- what could be better? (Other than , and lots of others on this continent and others being able to join us? , come back soon so we can go see ROTK together!)

Was contemplating last night the value of People You Know In Real Life versus Online Friends. Sometimes even People You Know In Real Life come across as inveterate bitches when you're talking to them in an online forum. I wonder how many People I Know In Real Life think this regularly about me while reading things I've written online.

led me to this interesting comment by on ancient Greek playwrights as fanfic writers. Oh, I shall enjoy the fic inspired by Troy. I hope Helen gets included because I've always thought she must have amazing stories to tell.


Aragorn and Boromir, Sleepy

No comments: