Thursday, May 06, 2004

Report On My Not Having A Life

Just a catch-up post. Had a relatively uneventful day; wrote two articles and bullets, answered about half the comments I owed, made some calls, wrote some e-mails, pondered whether our current (owned) car is worth the money we pour into it regularly as opposed to renting one. Because I was stuck in the house, the very lovely volunteered to schlep down here from Gaithersburg and take me out to California Tortilla, which improved my mood greatly. She showed me where to find HP vids and I showed her 's M&C vid and with any luck she will not report on the condition of my house in her journal. *g*

We were supposed to take our younger son to violin, pick up the car at the place behind the mall and then meet my father in the mall for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen -- dad's idea, since he is going to New York tomorrow to see my sister's kids, and my mother is already up there -- but the car wasn't finished, so I shall be without a vehicle until tomorrow evening. Would arrgh about this but has offered to come over and entertain me (heh) so shall limit my arrghing to one more complaint about car expenses.

After the kids went to bed, and I were going to watch The Matrix: Revolutions which we still have not seen, but his parents called 20 minutes in and by the time we got off the phone with them, we discovered that we were both utterly out of the mood and unimpressed with the beginning. I wonder how long it will take me to watch the end of the trilogy. We ended up watching The Heart of Me because hadn't seen it and I was in the mood for it, having just seen Olivia Williams in Peter Pan and being willing to watch Paul Bettany in anything, any time.

I also had some fannish delightful squeeing when the mail came:


I didn't go out of my way to get the theatrical M&C poster because I just didn't like it enough, visually; not a great image of Jack, not my favorite image of the Surprise. But the DVD poster is a thing of beauty -- and since it's a DVD poster rather than a theatrical poster, it can be had very cheaply. In this case $4. And since I had $5 to burn on PayPal for using the service during an eBay promotion...well.

I did have to cover the Klingon on the teaser poster for Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country which has hung in this frame (along the stairs leading to the basement) for over 10 years, but hey...I didn't like TUC anyway. And as you can see I still have the Kirk/Spock wedding picture from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier up, heh.

On an unrelated fannish note: the KB Toys in the mall had Faramir in armor for $5. Of course I had to get him. Does anyone know where I can find Boromir in armor for a relatively decent price? And, LOTR icon! Bwahahahaha!

I hate the FDA. I hate the current administration. I am starting to wonder whether I hate the majority of people in this country, the ones who put them there and give them decent approval ratings. But wait...it wasn't the majority who put Bush there!

And for people who keep track or once kept track of such things, we did have Aragorn and Boromir out together in their box tonight. As you can see, they did some serious playing before they got around to chasing each other and snapping.


Boromir checking out Aragorn's fitness to be King of Gondor.

No comments: