Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Poem for Wednesday


Mantra
By Ruth Stone


When I am sad
I sing, remembering
the redwing blackbird's clack.
Then I want no thing
except to turn time back
to what I had
before love made me sad.

When I forget to weep,
I hear the peeping tree toads
creeping up the bark.
Love lies asleep
and dreams that everything
is in its golden net;
and I am caught there, too,
when I forget.

--------


All our packages with calendars, CDs, etc. are done and in the mail! We are finished with our holiday stuff! Yay! And in better news, the dryer is (knock wood) still working! But in the best news of all (knock wood again, toss salt over shoulder), no one broke anything, came home sick with anything or threw up anything! So although I am still a bear of very little voice, I can rejoice, because I am getting the stitches out of my back tomorrow and then I will be able to shower whenever I want. Ooh, and thank you, , for my birthday/Chanukah present which I wore all afternoon! *smooch*

Otherwise all I did today was the usual Tuesday carpool, burning the last CDs to be mailed, articles on Ron Moore and an actor who was in the Augments arc, betaing, finishing crackfic, trying to do something with my last holiday exchange which is thankfully short but unpleasantly stubborn, taking photos of my cat on top of the television before ordering her to get down, notes on an article on Peter Pan films for Green Man, a bit of reading Dava Sobel's The Planets, a bit of watching the New Orleans Bowl and the aforementioned laundry. And:

Snicked from all over:

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,

This year I've been busy!

Last Tuesday I broke 's X-Box (-12 points). In March I got in line at the supermarket at the same time as someone else and I didn't yield (-8 points). In July I turned in for littering (3 points). Last Thursday I helped see the light (8 points). In February I ruled Duluth, Minnesota as a kind and benevolent dictator (700 points).

Overall, I've been nice (691 points). For Christmas I deserve a shiny red ball!

Sincerely,
cruisedirector

Write your letter to Santa! Enter your LJ username:


I've always wanted to be a kind and benevolent dictator. Snicked from :

You are the Beta
You are the Beta/Hunter,2nd in command.You are very
close to the Alpha and will take over if he
dies.You love the trill of the hunt and are
very loyal to your pack members.You love
puppies and are friendly,playful,and get along
with all of your pack members.^_^

What position are u in your wolf pack?
brought to you by Quizilla


And of course I had to do that one, because, you know, wolves. Snicked from :



gURL.comI took the "The Animal Spirit" quiz on gURL.com
dolphinMy animal spirit is...
The Dolphin

According to shamanistic wisdom, the dolphin is a great and generous communicator. Dolphin people tend to be very friendly and intelligent. They don't hold grudges and seem to spring out of bad moods much more quickly than other people do. Read more...

What is your animal spirit?


Sweet! Can I be a fire sign and a dolphin at the same time?


I've been avoiding talking about politics because I am so, so, so sick of people telling me what it is or is not fair to express in my own damn journal, but I do want to apologize once more to the citizens of the world for not having done enough to stop the criminals and idiots currently in the US government from getting away with all the things they are still, beyond all reason or comprehension, getting away with. Having grown up during Watergate, it is astonishing to me to have a president who makes Nixon's crimes look relatively small-scale, who almost makes me miss Reagan's tiny little foreign invasions. How, from where we were, have we sunk to this? There must be more we can do than signing endless ACLU and PFAW petitions and writing our representatives and ranting in blogs. There must be some way to talk sense to the people who voted to reelect this administration. If not, I don't know what I'm doing in this country.


Dove and cardinal in the trees in our backyard in the snow last week.

No comments: