Friday, February 03, 2006

Poem for Friday


The Ragged Wood
By W.B. Yeats


O hurry where by water among the trees
The delicate-stepping stag and his lady sigh,
When they have but looked upon their images --
Would none had ever loved but you and I!

Or have you heard that sliding silver-shoed
Pale silver-proud queen-woman of the sky,
When the sun looked out of his golden hood? --
O that none ever loved but you and I!

O hurry to the ragged wood, for there
I will drive all those lovers out and cry --
O my share of the world, O yellow hair!
No one has ever loved but you and I.

--------


I didn't have a particularly wonderful day but it wasn't bad. Met for lunch, had tom ka gai (which involves coconut milk and lemongrass, two of my favorite things), wandered around Barnes & Noble and found Napoleon: The Immortal Emperor for $14 on the bargain table, bought myself a new bathroom rug and necessary laundry supplies. Wrote up an interview with Brannon Braga on G4's web site which actually took less than an hour to load this time and where Braga was reasonably humble and tuned in, plus an interview with John Billingsley where he listed the Republican Party, Scalia & Thomas, people who deny global warming and the New York Yankees as things he dislikes (go John!)

Was sad to learn that Commander in Chief is going on hiatus in March and will air an abbreviated season -- just so long as it comes back in the fall; was pleased by these photos of the Order of the Phoenix cast members (will Thewlis be in the movie, does anyone know, please please tell me he will) and decided I may have to lust for Bellatrix even if she is, y'know, Evil. Speaking of evil, tried to kill me with howling with this link to Brokeback to the Future. *loves*

No news on the culture on my back, my finger that Aragorn tried to bite off still hurts a lot especially when I type, tomorrow the interview I thought I was doing has just been postponed AGAIN so this is the second Friday where I will stay at home and try to catch up on other stuff. Which, you know, is not a bad thing, really. My parents are out of town so we are not having dinner with them, so it will probably be a quiet night, too!




No comments: