Saturday, September 09, 2006

Poem for Saturday


Where I Wander
By Levi Yitzchak
Translated by Harry Rabinowicz


Where I wander - You!
Where I ponder - You!
Only You everywhere, You, always, You.
You, You, You.
When I am gladdened - You!
And when I am saddened - You!
Only You, everywhere You!
You, You, You.
Sky is You!
Earth is You!
You above! You below!
In every trend, at every end,
Only You, everywhere You!

--------


The place card crisis was solved when Centerpiece Woman agreed to go have them printed and delivered with the centerpieces, the child whose grandfather died may be coming after all, and I am declaring a moratorium on worrying about anything else! Read interesting article while hunting for stuff for speech about son in Reform Judaism magazine, "Oil Junkies: How corruption and greed led America from 'green' electric trolleys to polluting, petroleum-powered automobiles — and what we can do now." And tested lipstick colors -- those little Clinique samples are not easy to apply.

Evening services were nice, if looong...the cantor sang three Israeli Chasidic songs, the sermon was on the first fruits of the harvest (Jewish version of Lammas, heh, though of course politicized for the current moment), I was the only parent who had to read any Hebrew but since it was familiar, I managed it...the kids all did a fine job with their readings, and there was a nice little reception afterward with very good cheese, nuts, fruit and cookies. I saw for about ten minutes in between dinner and getting dressed, and saw my sister and her family after services, but otherwise have not seen any of the out of town people yet besides my parents' good friends from New York. is feeling horribly and is probably not going to be able to come, and I am useless at the moment trying to cheer her up, not having a moment to breathe, so I feel terrible!


In the slide show I put together of pictures from older son's childhood for the reception, there is a photo of him in front of one of our old Macs.


It is a scary thing when one finds one's very first computer, an earlier Mac, in a museum display of ancient PCs!


Must get up very early to go have family photos taken. We'll see if I still remember how to apply eyeshadow.

No comments: