Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Placeholder for Tuesday

MY POWER IS BACK ON! Apparently our neighborhood returned to the living around 7:30 p.m. while we were at the mall having a walk in the air conditioning (menfolk had milkshakes, I had bubble tea). My parents still have no power; PEPCO is saying it may be back by Friday for the whole county, or it may not. (I shall not post my opinion of PEPCO -- nor of my governor, for whom I voted based on his positions on things like health care and gay rights, but who is in the power company's deep pockets and lets them spend taxpayer money to lobby for the right to raise our rates without improving our service, burying our power lines, etc. so their execs can get as rich as the governor -- because the language is unsafe for work.)

I typed half this entry, not knowing that I would have power at home, on my laptop at Paul's office, which has AC, power, and ethernet and was therefore a lovely place for all four of us to spend the afternoon in unused cubicles after we all went out for Indian food. We needed air conditioning and food after a hellish night sleeping in the basement, surrounded by cat litter boxes and biting insects. I am very proud of the fact that I did not overdose on migraine medicine, though I have had a rash for four days that is not responding to any of the topical ointments I've tried and I'm afraid I'll have to go get it looked at.















No comments: