Saturday, October 26, 2013

Poem for Saturday, Sad Autumn, The Darkness & the Light

Sonnet XXX
By William Shakespeare

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear times' waste;
Then can I drown an eye, unus'd to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight:
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restor'd and sorrows end.

--------

My good friend's husband passed away on Thursday. She is devastated and I am hurting for her -- I will not be around much this weekend, though I got done my review of Deep Space Nine's "The Darkness and the Light" and I had dinner with my family and parents. I believe our TV was tuned to Dracula tonight and Elementary last night, though I couldn't tell you a thing about the episodes.

I do want to say thank you to a couple of people -- you know who you are. Here are a couple of photos of the gorgeous autumn photos last weekend at the historic overlook above the city of Frederick and at Gambrill State Park:



No comments: