Thursday, August 27, 2015

Poem for Thursday, Riley's Lock Birds, The Duchess, Space Cowboys

Flower Of Timid Hue
By Georgiana Spencer Cavendish

And yet remote from public view
Flower there is of timid hue,
Beneath a sacred shade it grows,
But sweet in native fragrance blows.
From storms secure, from tempests free,
But ah! too seldom seen by me.
For scarce permitted to behold
With longing eyes each grace unfold.

My bosom struggles with its pain
And checks the wishes form'd in vain;
Yet when I perchance supremely blest,
I hold the floweret to my breast,
Enraptur'd watch its purple glow
And blessings (all I have) bestow.
The gentle fragrance soothes my care
And fervent is my humble prayer
That no dread evil may beset
My sweet but hidden violet.

--------

The temperature barely hit 80 on Wednesday so it was a really gorgeous day to be out doing things! Adam had a bunch of chores, including stopping at my parents' because my mother got him new jeans, going to the bank to deposit his summer paychecks, and running into CVS with me. We also picked up Paul for lunch and went to Tara Thai so Adam could get pad see ew before going back to College Park for the semester on Thursday.

Since Adam and I both had laundry to sort and fold, we put on The Duchess to watch while we did that (good cast, pretty cinematography, Keira and Hayley, see poem above). Then we had dinner and watched Space Cowboys, which was chosen after a discussion of nearly every other movie we own, with Cheryl watching long distance, paused for a bit to Skype with Daniel when he got home. Riley's Lock herons and wood ducks:
















No comments: