Monday, January 09, 2017

Poem for Monday, Sherlock, Hillwood

My Puppy Ate My Earbuds
By Kenn Nesbitt

My puppy ate my earbuds.
My puppy ate my socks.
My puppy chewed my tennis shoes
and all my Lego blocks.

He gnawed upon my iPod
as if it were a bone.
He nibbled my Nintendo Wii
and munched my mobile phone.

He grazed upon my skateboard,
consumed my catcher’s mitts,
and chomped my chess and checkers sets
to tiny little bits.

He polished off my pillow,
my blanket, and my sheet.
My homework seems to be the
only thing he will not eat.

--------

I had a pretty quiet, relaxing day with family, starting late because everyone slept in. When Adam eventually got up, we had brunch and watched the Steelers beat the Dolphins. Then we all went with Maddy to Target and Kohl's -- she needed school supplies for the Berklee classes that start this week, Adam needed jeans before going back to College Park. We watched some of the Giants-Packers game around shopping, had ravioli for dinner, and took Adam back to his apartment.

When we got back, after getting gas, we watched the first hour of the Golden Globes, switched it off for an hour and a half for Sherlock (which is wonderfully directed, has some lovely moments, and made me go WHAAAATTTT a few too many times which kept throwing me out of the story). Because I love musicals, I want to see La La Land, but the Oscar better go to Moonlight or I'm going to have to boycott all these shows next year. From Hillwood's holidays last year:
















No comments: