Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Poem for Wednesday and Longwood Trees

Ask Me About the Summer
By Trista Mateer

Ask me about the summer
I fell in love with someone
more blackberry bramble than girl.
Aching to be touched
but never talking about the thorns.
And me, all heavy handed
and too proud to acknowledge
the things I'd cut myself on.
I dreamt about juice
running down my chin
for months.

--------

I spent most of the work day writing a review of Voyager's "The Killing Game, Part II" because I'm getting a new Dell laptop Thursday (yay!) and I'm expecting to lose many hours getting it configured the way I want it with Photoshop etc. Plus I had to deal with tsuris I can't go into, and I feel badly for Maddy who is getting tsuris about her college financial aid that no teenager should have to deal with.

I didn't get out much except to take a walk (the bunnies only appear after dark these days, and the Charmanders have abandoned my neighborhood). We caught up on Madam Secretary (enjoyable) and Elementary (women kept on leashes=not my thing) and watched the return of Agents of SHIELD (really not my thing, can we have Ghost Rider back?). From Longwood Gardens' holiday displays:
















No comments: