Friday, September 22, 2017

Poem for Friday, Rosh Hashanah, Cats

And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been
By Rainer Maria Rilke
Translated by Jane Bannard Greene

And now let us believe in a long year that is given to us,
new, untouched, full of things that have never been,
full of work that has never been done,
full of tasks, claims, and demands;
and let us see that we learn to take it
without letting fall too much
of what it has to bestow
upon those who demand of it necessary, serious, and great things.

--------

Happy New Year! My day was not particularly religious -- I didn't go to services -- though it was a nice day, with a walk to appreciate the weather and a bunch of chores finished. Maddy arrived in the afternoon and we talked for an hour while she started getting organized (she hasn't even opened her big suitcase, so this will be a multi-day activity). She also got to see work friends.

Annmarie met us at my parents' house for Rosh Hashanah dinner along with other family friends, and I ate way too much around a dash to Starbucks with her and niece so I could take part in an EX Raid. Adam now has official details of his internship offer so I can say it's with Microsoft! I ran late when we got home so here are just a couple of photos of all four of our cats:

17couch1

17couch2

No comments: