Friday, October 13, 2017

Poem for Friday and MDRF Slytherins

The Snake
By Emily Dickinson

A narrow Fellow in the Grass
Occasionally rides -
You may have met him? Did you not
His notice instant is -

The Grass divides as with a Comb,
A spotted Shaft is seen,
And then it closes at your Feet
And opens further on -

He likes a Boggy Acre - 
A Floor too cool for Corn -
But when a Boy and Barefoot
I more than once at Noon

Have passed I thought a Whip Lash
Unbraiding in the Sun
When stooping to secure it
It wrinkled And was gone -

Several of Nature’s People
I know, and they know me
I feel for them a transport
Of Cordiality

But never met this Fellow
Attended or alone
Without a tighter Breathing
And Zero at the Bone.

--------

My Thursday involved a lot of cough syrup, a lot of coughing, a few chores and not a lot else -- drove Maddy to work, stopped at CVS looking for miracle cures, visited with my neighbor Rose who is house- and cat-sitting again for us this weekend and wanted to give Cinnamon some snuggles.

We watched The Orville (not its best -- too many casualties casually accepted for my preference, no old Trek-esque speeches) around the beginning and end of the Nationals-Cubs game which was stressful that it's just as well! From the Maryland Renaissance Festival's Reptile World:

17mdrf22

17mdrf24

17mdrf30

17mdrf26

17mdrf23

17mdrf29

17mdrf25

17mdrf27

17mdrf28

No comments: